Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My new home in Nyråd







On the 1st of May, I moved from Mern to my new host family in Nyråd, it is a small town but larger then Mern, it is a 10 minute bus ride from my school in Vordingborg. They are very sweet people, my host mother Lene is always very nice and I get along with my host brother Peter and my host sister Sally very well. Sally will soon be leaving as a Rotary exchange student to Australia, so we practice english and danish together quite allot.



On the 5th of May i attended a war memorial service with my Rotary Counciller Anne-Marie, it was a very solemn occasion, remembering the pilots who died trying to liberate Denmark during the second World War. There were five New Zealanders who had served in the RAF buried at the church where the service was held.



It is fifteen days before i depart on the Europe tour, which i am very excited about. I think it will be amazing to see the rest of Europe and experience some more European culture. Mine is the last bus to depart and it will be filled with all the exchange students living on Zealand.



I have included some photos of my new house in Nyråd.






No comments:

Post a Comment